How to Achieve Moisturized Coily Curls
Curls are so versatile! They can be huge and fluffy like Trace Ellis Ross' curls or similar to the beautifully defined curls of Taraji P. Henson. Everyone's hair is different, but these tips will surely give you the luscious coily curls everyone covets.
Whether you want to refresh your coily hair or care for curly hair extensions, Yummy Hair Extensions has the best tips and tricks to avoid frizz and cultivate beautiful, bouncy curls.
Moisture is going to be key! The perfect blend of protein and moisture will give you soft curls that have the strength to stay defined for days! If your curls are not adequately hydrated, they will pull moisture and humidity from their environment. This will result in frizz as your coils lose their defined pattern.
Last but not least is a technique, from the size of your sections to the flick of your wrist; these steps will be necessary for locking in those fantastic results!
Today we will use the lustrous Raw Cambodian CurlyWave to demonstrate as this texture has a 3B/3C texture with thick hair strands. We are mThese curly hair extensions are perfect for mimicking the curl pattern needed to achieve this style!
Items you'll need
- Spray bottle
- Denman Brush (Very Crucial)
- Rat tail comb
- Hair clips
- Kosa Professional Triple Threat Blow Dryer and Diffuser Attachment
Steps to Follow
- Section your Curly Wave Hair with your rat tail comb
- Use clips to hold back the hair you are not ready to detangle
- Using your Deman Brush, detangle your hair starting at the ends
- Once you are done detangling your hair, begin fully saturating your hair in small sections with a mixture of 75% water and 25% conditioner.
- After saturating your first small section of hair, use your Denman brush to define your curls.
- After this step, be sure to scrunch your curls to remove excess water for popping curls!
Twist the Denman brush around the hair while brushing, as shown in the video below. Let the curls air dry or diffuse for beautifully defined spiral curls. Try this technique to help create beautiful bouncy curls;
What products to use when refreshing your curly hair extensions? Don't worry; Yummy Hair Extensions has got you covered!
Take a look at some of our holy grail product recommendations listed below.
- Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner
- Tresemme Flawless Curls Conditioner
- Tresemme Keratin Smooth Conditioner (This product is excellent for combating frizz! )
- Pureology Hydrate Conditioner
- Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls for heavily textured curls
- Vigorol Mega Moisture Mousse
Once you are done defining your curls on both sides, you can allow your curls to air dry or use Kosa professional Triple Threat Blow Dryer with the diffuser attachment to define your curls further.
In conclusion, you can have the yummiest curls in town with just a few tweaks to your hydration and defining methods!
Remember that the golden rules of curl care for hair extensions are great hair, hydration and technique. Once you have the big three, your final look will be compete!
We can't wait to see you slay your defined curls effortlessly!
Thank you for joining us for this week's Tip Tuesday.
We hope to see you here again for the next one!
Written by Annastasia