Celebrating Five Fearless Women
Who runs the world? Girls.
As a company ran by an all-women (particularly women of color) staff, we understand the importance of breaking glass ceilings set-forth in history. Every day we encourage our YUMMY girls to make an impact by setting new trends in excellence and being fearless above all doubt.
While many often look to the past to celebrate women throughout history who have made an impact, we look to the present for our inspiration this year.
There are so many timeless, revolutionary, and fearless women that have made unique contributions on culture and societal influence in contemporary society.
This Women’s Month, we are honoring 5 Fearless Women who have made a tremendous impact in the world and inspire millions to do the same.
Beyonce is a Mother, Wife, Performer, Philanthropist and more- there is no one quite like Queen B. Is there anything we can’t do as Women? NO! And Beyonce shows us this every single day. HerBEYGOOD Foundation has donated hundreds of thousands in scholarship money to the Boys & Girls of America, supported Covid relief and provided water distribution for the Winter Storms in Texas to name a few. She is truly unstoppable.
- Our Favorite Hair Look: We absolutely loved Beyonce’s Superbowl 50 look in 2016. These beautiful waves can be achieved with our RAW Cambodian Wavy Elegance in its’ natural state.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg “RBG”
She was destined to leave a legacy. She was an American lawyer, women's rights activist, and jurist who served as an associate justice of the Supreme Court of the United States from 1993 until her death in September 2020.
“She famously co-founded the Women's Rights Project at the American Civil Liberties Union as a lawyer, and brought and argued the cases that led the high court to affirm protections against gender discrimination.”- USA Today
Our Favorite Hair Look: We are so used to seeing RBG with a slick back ponytail but this photo from 1953 is everything we ever wanted to see and more. You can achieve this look by with our RAW LAO Wavy.
Ava is an educated filmmaker who seemingly hopped on the scene overnight but in reality, she began an internship with CBS around 1990 and started her own Public Relations company in 1999. This led to opportunities for her to observe well-known filmmakers like Steven Spielberg which inspired her to write her first script in 2003. Ava went on to become “the first African American woman to win Best Director at the Sundance Film Festival, be nominated for a Best Director Golden Globe, direct a film nominated for a Best Picture Oscar, and direct a film with a budget over $100 million.”
- Our Favorite Hair Look: Take a look at how you can get this similar look with our signature YUMMY locs
Jennifer “J Lo” Lopez
Ms Lopez has helped raise Millions of Dollars for 9/11 Relief, AIDS, Homicide, Boys and Girls Clubs of America and much more. This talented beauty is no stranger to making a difference on and off the stage and has led a successful career for over 20 years and still finds a way to do this all while being the mother to her beautiful twins.
- Our Favorite Hair Look: The Newyorican Queen, Jennifer Lopez is the epitome of class and style! There isn’t a look we didn’t like. To achieve this look in particular, our Raw Cambodian Natural Straightwill get the job done!
Michelle Obama is an American lawyer and author who served as first lady of the United States from 2009 to 2017. She is recorded in history as the first African American woman to serve in this position. Michelle is well-known for her notable speeches, philanthropy, and investment in American youth. She has inspired many young women across our nation to achieve their dreams and be more than just the “status quo”.
- Our Favorite Hair Look: Get this trend-setting look with our Raw Cambodian Natural Wave.
We honor and pay tribute to these women amongst many others around the world who have dedicated their lives to making a path for young women to follow – and one day, lead.
- Accomplishment Source: https://www.beyonce.com/beygood/
- Photo Source: https://deadline.com/2021/02/beyonce-foundation-relief-winter-storm-texas-1234696872/
- Accomplishment Source: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/g34111816/ruth-bader-ginsburg-accomplishments/
- Picture Source: https://abcnews.go.com/US/ruth-bader-ginsburgs-impact-generations-women-changed-law/story?id=73107921
- Accomplishment Source: https://www.republicworld.com/entertainment-news/music/jennifer-lopez-everything-you-need-to-know-about-her-charity-work.html
- Picture Source: https://www.hellomagazine.com/healthandbeauty/hair/20210209106500/jennifer-lopez-looks-so-different-with-pixie-cut/
- Accomplishment Source: https://scientificwomen.net/women/franklin-rosalind-38
- Photo Source: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Rosalind-Franklin